9.6.08

Simple Pleasures


Talking about “pudding” in my last post, it was what it makes me think when I talk about “PLEASURES”, not only because I like eating it, but also because I love preparing it. Cooking is my favourite hobby and it gives me great pleasure to invite others what I cook. Sometimes, when I am not having a good time, I look for something in the cupboard to start cooking. It is what it makes me feel joy.
Sometimes, we don’t want to waste time in doing what we like it because of our work, our studies or our responsiblities, so we finish delaying what is pleasant for us.
Or course, we need to know that doing only what we like it is not healthy.
In this chapter, Savater says that the happiness of doing what is pleasant for us brings pain, death and life and it is bad for us if it doesn’t let us live well. That is to say, when pleasures end and vices begins, nothing is the same.
Let’s enjoy the little things life gives us ( when we could…):
Appreciate beauty
Connect with nature
Laugh
Have simple pleasures
Connect With People
Learn
Rethink your mornings and evenings
Celebrate your successes


"Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."
Scottish Proverb

3 comments:

Gladys Baya said...

What do you mean when you say that "doing only what we like is not healthy, Giyo? And what do you understand when Savater says that "the happiness of doing what is pleasant for us brings pain, death and life"?

Could you make this clear with everyday examples, please?

Intrigued,
Gladys

Lucía G. said...

It´s true Gi that we often think that we are "wasting" our time if we do what we like because we know we should be doing what we MUST do, but the whole point is we are not wasting our time, we are enjoying the time we have on Earth.jaja

Love the proverb!

hugs,
Lu.

Lucía G. said...

ENJOY YOURSELF MORIA!